A place to store and share the things I make.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ready to go, dress or not

A quick re-start of the ol' computer magically made my photo card reader work again, so now I can show you what I've been working on, as I finish up packing for the weekend.  A few weeks ago I had the thought, "I should make myself a dress for Seth & Molly's wedding."  The common-sense side of me said No, Mandi, that would be too much for you to do in the crazy month of May leading up to the big day.  Then, last Saturday--read five days ago--the thought came back and hit me hard.  So what did I do?  Started making a dress.  Have I ever made a dress before?  Nope.  Did I have a pattern?  Nope.  Did it work out?  Sort of...  I actually think it will work out ok in the end, but as the day was getting closer, I realized that the weather was not really feeling all summery and warm like I expected--and like would be necessary to flaunt my cute summery halter-style dress.  Basically, I got cold feet.  It needs some help with some finishing touches, but overall it was a good experience--though it did cause me to lose some sleep.  I even started on a second dress one morning when I felt like giving up on the original.  I'm bringing it to Bellingham, Shannon/Robyn/Kim/Rosie/Mom, so you can give me some advice on where to go with it.

The weather is drizzly, but the sun is doing its best to shine through.  I'm looking forward to taking my first ride on Amtrak, spending some time with Graham's mom on the way, and then getting some good family time while we're there.  Happy long weekend!




 
Toast with strawberry jam & smoked mozzarella
Leaving this!

No comments:

Post a Comment