I also finished what has become probably my proudest manipulation of materials. I designed it from start to finish. I think it deserves it's own post though, so on to the goods:
I've been dreaming of a bag that was big enough for books and my water bottle and my sewing kit I bring to church, but had a long strap. Seriously, for years I've looked at bags, but I always use the "but-I-could-make-that" excuse and save my dollars. These materials were all on my shelf: the red is some indoor dec weight fabric I got for 75 cents at SCRAP; the pocket is a remnant I got from Ikea; the strap is fabric I bought in Guatemala; and the lining is leftovers from Taylen's quilt. Total cost: I have no idea, but I didn't spend a cent on it yesterday. After some massive seam ripping on the lining, I did have a few moments of "oh this is why people use patterns", but I think in the end it would have taken me longer that way. I've been toting it around just asking people to comment on it. Feel free to comment on it yourself. :)
|Outside pocket is cell-phone worthy|
|Inside pocket fits the water bottle or just the handy stuff|
|my fancy binding clips|
That was a lot! But that's what I've been up to in my little sewing room. I've been up to lots in the kitchen too, but I'll share more of that in another post. I'll check this one off the to-do list for now. Happy weekend!