A place to store and share the things I make.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Scraps


I feel like I've been crafting up a storm lately, with little to show for it. I've been working factory-style a bit in preparation for upcoming baby showers. I took a little trip to SCRAP a couple weeks ago and brought home a bag full of upholstery samples that are becoming banners, my new craft-of-choice. I'm trying to figure out how I like them best: triangles or squares? pinking shears or straight edges? ribbon or fabric tape? Upcycled or new? Oh the choices in my day!
Dupioni silk, and it matches our walls perfectly!

Fancy no-stain upholstery in neutral-ish colors
I've also been revisiting the scrap pile and putting together some pot holders. It's funny: I love the scrap pile, the fact that there really is no piece too small to quilt with (yes, to an extent); yet I tire of the scrap quilting pretty darn quickly. I think I just get sick of the fabrics I loved last year and have seen again and again. Maybe this is where one enters the world of scrap swapping. Anyone up for it? I've got plenty to share...
 AND...I opened an etsy shop! Okay there's nothing in it yet--it's free to set it up but you have to pay to post things--but it's there nonetheless! I'll keep you updated on if/when I do actually put things in there. In the meantime, I'll keep showing stuff here.

And with that, I'm back to the crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment