A place to store and share the things I make.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Little Orphan Banners

I've been hard at work making banners (bunting?) lately, and I finally got some up for sale at Open Space Cafe. These babies are the result of some heavy duty digging in the bins at SCRAP, color-coordinated piling, and mixy-matchy pairing. Not to mention way more time than necessary finding the perfect ribbon to pull them all together. I think they're awesome. Some I don't love, but G keeps reminding me that someone might love them. Below is my statement I have hung on the shelf by the piles of triangles and ribbons:

"I have a soft spot for scraps. For orphan pieces of material that no one seems to have use for anymore. Pieces of upholstery samples, curtains, and wall coverings. Now these scraps can brighten a party, a window, or a nursery. No longer bound for the landfill, these little orphan scraps now have a new home."

Fun? I think so! If they do well in the shop I may put them up on etsy, but one step at a time! If you're in PDX, stop by 28th and Holgate, say hey to Mo and browse over a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. You might even see a tall handsome man working behind the counter (but don't get any ideas, he's married!).

No comments:

Post a Comment